Sunday, April 5, 2009

Differences

Everyone says each pregnancy is different and in this case, it’s true.

With Rhett: I experienced heartburn even before I knew I was pregnant with him. It was every single night until delivery. You would have thought I was addicted to Tums. I had mad cravings for Best Maid pickles (brand specific). Of course, we were living in Michigan and the closest state that Best Maid Co. sold them in was Tennessee. Pretty much all my family and friends knew how much this consumed my life for about 5 days—eat, sleep, wake up, thinking of Best Maid pickles. It was so weird, like an obsession. I ordered 3 gallons of pickles to be shipped to me. After finishing off 2.5 gallons, my pickle cravings throughout my pregnancy were satisfied....weird, I know. The closest to morning sickness I got with Rhett was only once with less than 10 seconds of nausea. Luckly for me, that was it.

With Beau: I haven’t had near the heartburn. It’s only been 3 times. The only thing I’ve wanted, and not necessarily craved, is salty foods and chocolate. Like pepperoni and sunflower seeds.....yummmmm. My fatigue has continued into my 2nd trimester. However, I mostly attribute this to having an active 3-year old. It could also be from moonlighting as well, but that has now ended since this pregnancy is moving right along. I had morning sickness a good 10 times with this little guy. I figured out, it was all related to me drinking acidic drinks like orange juice. If I left that out in the morning, I was good. Yet, if I dared to have a taste, I paid for it about an hour later. The only weirdness I’ve experienced with this pregnancy is dreams/nightmares. I’ve have dreamt some crazy stuff. Scary enough to wake me up from sleep.

I’m currently 24 weeks, and we've reached the milestone of viability! Moms-to-be in the medical field think of pregnancy this way, not necessarily by weeks or trimesters. More so, by viability, lung maturity, etc. With blessings given to God, everything is going smoothly just like my first pregnancy.

My loveys sleeping on my shoulder in the car. Have I ever mentioned how much I adore him?!?!

My growing belly. Eric looks less than thrilled in this pic.....haha.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, you are SOOOO beautiful! The picture of you and Rhett is completely adorable. My friend, I had no idea you craved Best Maid pickles when you were preggo with Rhett... I mean, seriously, that is so brand specific. :) You are too cute. I can't wait to be pregnant and call you to get all kinds of good advice! Call me this weekend. :) Love you! Oh, hey, where did you get your beautiful blog background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you are so cute pregnant! Can't wait to see pic's of the little one. He will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete