I took a quick trip to DC recently and had a wonderful time. I met up with Jenny P. and we sampled some great Italian food in old town Alexandria. What a cute little place to shop, people watch, and catch up with dear friends. The only thing we were missing was Chelsea :) I got a quick tour of the usual--White House, Washington & Lincoln monument, etc. It was so hot & humid that day, plus it started getting crowded around the time I was leaving. Ted Kennedy was getting flown in for his burial. I didn't have time for the Smithsonian or Holocaust museum. Those two splendors are on my must see list, the next time I visit.
AMEN
Obama's and Me
The White House
It was amazing to meet these men and show them my appreciation. God Bless'em.
Beautiful day......
Last week, I found out that I passed my boards. Meaning I'm Board Certified-Yay! This also equates to no more test for at least 7 years. At work, I've been practicing and learning about aesthetics. Perfecting the art of Botox, Radiesse, Juvederm, Obagi, and a multitude of other skin refining products. It's nice to make people feel better about themselves. Yet, I struggle with understanding how some people are so privy to their appearance. I happen to be a fan of laugh lines.Seriously........
Eric had his first practice of flag football last week. His first game is this Sunday. I haven't seen him play since the days of high school when I fell in love with him. Awww--that was 11+ years ago! Rhett is practicing his football throw, too. Beau is smiling like crazy, and melts my heart with each smirk. He's getting nice and fat with wonderful jelly rolls on his arms and legs. He's also getting longer and has already out grown the newborn clothes.
On the topic of football............OU lost, and I sadly admit, I think our season is over. It completely blows, since I'm such an avid football fan, but I have no control over God's fate. Now the decision is who to root for? OSU, ehhhhh. I'm not a fan of anything remotely orange colored, especially burnt. I'm praying for a miracle.
:)





.jpg)

Liz, Congratulations on passing your boards!!! That news deserved a post all it's own. :) Cute pic of Rhett and Beau at the top.
ReplyDeleteLiz, this is an adorable blog post... and is so you. I am so happy for your darling life in Oklahoma and for you to be surrounded by your sweet boys and have a wonderful medical practice and live in a small town... Wow, I'm just so proud of you. :) I love you, sweet friend. Next time you go to DC, I'm going with ya! (That was so sweet of ya'll to miss me!)
ReplyDelete