Saturday, August 22, 2009

Settling Down in Duncan

Besides realizing that we have A LOT of stuff and more to get rid of, the move to Duncan went smoothly. Everyone here is accommodating and friendly. This is exactly the kind of town I envisioned my boys to grow up in, and I’m happy to be here. We got an “asking price” offer on our house that's for sale! I was worried in this market if we’d even get any offers, but we close in less than a month. Whoo-hoo!

I started private practice 3 weeks ago, and must say I really love it. I’ve slowly begun to decorate my office, but still have a ways to go. I even made the front page of the local paper, ha!  Dad tells me, “You’re a big duck in a small pond"......smile.


I was shocked to see this on my desk!
Rhett started Pre-K, and Beau has been watched during the day by a rotating shift of loving grandparents. This next week is when I begin to bring Beau to work with me. We found a great nanny, and I’m blessed to have her!

While Dad was visiting, we went to the annual watermelon festival.  Rhett got to ride a few rides, but it was unreal how much one ticket cost for ONE ride.  You’re not going to believe this......$2.50/ticket!  What happened to the days of .25 or .50 cents/ ticket/ride?  The watermelon was delicious, but Rhett only got 5 tickets—bummer for him.


$2.50 for just once down this slide?  Ridiculous!




Rhett loving the watermelon.
Dad also mentioned that I needed to have a bigger car, for the boys and Briggs.  I agreed, but really hadn’t found the time to think about it, much less go car/SUV shopping.  He instead, decided to switch cars with me.  He got the Accord, I got the new Highlander.  I asked him what he planned on doing with my car.  He’s going to trade it in to buy a truck.  Ever since he retired (15+ years ago) he’s always wanted to buy a truck & trailer and travel the US.  One of these days, he will.  Either way, Thanks Dad!

Rhett turns 4 this month, and he is having two birthday parties.  Last weekend, we went to TX to visit friends and celebrate.  We got a delicious cake from Candy Haven, and it was Batman theme.  We took the kiddos to the Denton Water Park.  I’ve never been before, but finally got to go and it was so nice.  My thoughts of water parks consist of long lines, hot days, too big an area, and too many people.  I don’t know if it was because the kids were back in school or what, but we had non-of-the-above.  It was a perfect day; small, quaint, no lines, beautiful weather, and a steady number of people.



The kiddos at the Water Park

Tomorrow, we are having Rhett’s REAL birthday party here in OK, with family & friends.  I’ve got cupcakes prepared, and he’s got a big surprise present—a John Deere Tractor!  He & Grandpa will take it out to the farm to ride, and he’ll love it!

Eric is working on the present he received for his birthday, as well.  Today, he’s at his concealed hand-gun licensing course.  He already came home for lunch, with all kinds of stories--go figure.  He’s signed up to play flag football with a men’s group here in town, too.  That will keep us busy this fall.

Speaking of football, I can smell it in the air.  It’s just around the corner.  I get SO pumped up for football season, especially OU!

Next week, I’ll be headed to Washington, DC for a medical conference.  It’ll be my first nights away from Beau (tear, tear).  He’s been such a good and easy baby.  I love my little “burrito baby”.  I’m learning to cherish this stage, where I can swaddle him tightly (like a burrito) and snuggle with him closely.  He’s little whimpers and coos, make my day.  It goes way too fast.  We get tummy time often, and I’m even starting to see smiles when he hears my voice.  I LOVE my boys, and life is grand.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Glad to see you are doing good!!! LOVE the blog! :) :) (and congrats on that sweet, sweet baby boy!)

    ReplyDelete