Saturday, November 7, 2009

So Goes October

Another month flown by......

We had our open house for our Aethestic's department last month.  Though it rained, we still had a good turn out.  All of our reps came.  We had door prizes, food & drinks, and gift bags.  We got to meet new faces in town, and put our names and services "out there".  It was fun times, and I'm so happy with my job!

I was placed in the Duncan Banner, again.  The guy got a few things wrong, but I could tell he was new at this, as was I.....haha.  I figured they were short on stories, and there's no such thing as "bad press" (sarcastic "yeah right!" ).  For my new practice, I thought it was good pubilicity.  We currently have a commercial is in the works for next month. ;)

I'm proactive about giving back to your community, so I decided to join the Rotary Club.  I got inducted as a member, with my fellow colleagues.  I didn't even know what it was, or what they represented until I went to my first meeting in August.  I'm happy to participate, and love that we do good things for the world.  The week after, we went to the 2009 DRH Foundation Gala. They had a "Cajun" theme, with shrimp boil & Mississippi Mud Pie.  It's good to see how a community can thrive off of contributions, charity, and service.


On the thought of giving, Tammy & I had a garage sale one weekend where we literally gave stuff away.  We easily made a couple hundred bucks each.  The weekend after, we spent our money at "Affair of the Heart".  I loved going to look and shop, especially since I hadn't been in 2 years.  After about the second warehouse, I was reminded of a thought I previously had a few years ago.  "More of the same".  You can only put bling on so many things--purses, belts, shoes, hats, shirts, wallets, etc......until eventually, everything begins to look the same.

After church one Sunday, we took Rhett & Beau to a local pumpkin patch.  Then later that week, Eric's work had a Spooktacular Fest for families.  I'm grateful he works with such down-to-earth, friendly people.  Rhett got to bob for apples and do the cake walk.  We ended the month with Halloween!  Rhett dressed up as a Teenage Mutant Nija Turtle.  He pronounced himself as an "Engine Turtle".  Beau was our little Tigger.  Mom and Dad were........see below!



Pumpkin Patch '09



"Engine Turtle"


Rhett bobbing for apples



This year the Speegle's hosted our annual Halloween party that we attended.  All started, by the wonderful Dr. Cafaro, of course!  From the pictures, you can tell we had some fabulous fun.  I was a socket, and Eric was my plug. :)



Hehehehe


Being Naughty!


Anyways, I've been too busy to worry about a spotless home, so I decided to hired a maid.  I've convienced myself that I deserve one, and she's so worth it.  :)


Whatelse--Oh, how could I forget, what finally happened to me as a mom.  My kid got into the scissors.  Rhett decided to give himself a lovely haircut.  After we saw the first chunk of hair missing, we decided to give him a buzz.  Thank goodness we got family pictures a couple weeks before, and thank goodness he's a boy!  I love 'em......
Before



After




No comments:

Post a Comment