Saturday, January 2, 2010

Catching up 2009, in 2010

Sorry, I've been a little behind on blogging.  The holiday months go by so quickly.

November 2009--Not much to say besides my best friend Kristie graduating from school.  I'm so proud of her, and I knew she could do it.  I enjoyed seeing all of her family, and reminiscing about the small town I grew up in.  We went out to eat, and caught up on life.  Then I got to see my dear friend Chels, and speak about her progressing pregnancy.  I'm so excited for her and Trevor.  I also got to go to a Christmas Bazaar in Dallas with Debbie, and she finally got to meet Beau.  To finish the wonderful month off, I went to Northpark to shop for Christmas.  It's one of my favorite things to do while in DFW, at my most favorite mall, during my most favorite time of year.







We actually spent Thanksgiving with the Looney's.  My in-laws were out of town visiting family.  We missed them, but we were glad they got to see the other side of the family.  They invited us to go with them, but I didn't think driving from OK to anywhere on the East coast was desirable.  Imagine 20+ hour drive with a 4-year old and 4 month old..........no way!  We also got to see the Landers family, then saw my Dad.









December was busy as usual.  For my birthday, Eric got me an All-Clad waffle maker.  He got it at Williams Sonoma, and he said Rhett ate 10+ samples of their peppermint bark while shopping.......lol.  I've been making some fabulous Belgium waffles for breakfast.
The bummer part--I went to OKC for a conference at the nicest hotel in Oklahoma, The Skirvin.   It was freezing outside, like 12 degrees or something.  I didn't want to find a parking lot then walk to the hotel, so I decided to valet.  I learned my lesson from that!  After the day was finished, I was patiently waiting to get into my warm SUV.  The valet guy pulls up just far enough ahead that I decided to go around the back of my car to get in.  My mouth drops and I see a huge dent in my rear end bumper.  I dealt with it in a classy manner, spoke with the manager, exchanged info, and was told everything would be taken care of.  That's great and all, but I was perturbed that no one had told myself or the manager.  I could have easily walked around the front of my car and never known it happened at the hotel.  Then I would have believed it was a hit and run, and been responsible for it.  It's the principle of the matter, folks.  If you do something wrong, admit it, deal with it, and move on.  Anyways, it's been taken care.

We had our work Christmas party and that was good times.  I finally got to meet all my fabulous co-workers family members.  We've got such a good crew.  :)

Christmas was wonderful besides the horrible drive from OK to TX.  Thanks to icy roads, it took me 4+ hours, and poor Eric 8!!  His holidays were made up, though.  After months of anticipation, he got his gift from me for X-mas........a new gun.  Rhett made out like a bandit, too.  He got a cool campout kit with a tent, sleeping bag, compass, and flash light.  He plays in it at night, and has a blast.  He also got a portable DVD player for our frequent trips to TX and back, and he LOVES it!  Beau got toys, clothes, and typical baby stuff.  Thankfully, I realize I didn't need or want much for Christmas, so we mainly focused on the kids, of course.  Eventhough I didn't receive anything big, I did receive some sentimental things like my Mom's homemade goodies.  The day after Christmas, we celebrated Braden's 3rd birthday at Chucky Cheese, one of Rhett's favorite spots.

NYE we were the typical adults with kiddos.  We hung out with friends, but left their house early.  The boys were out once we got on the road.  We were home and in bed, asleep by 11 pm.  I didn't even know the ball had dropped until I was awoken by 50 million "Happy New Years" texts, calls, etc....

Thoughts from this past year:

Health is not valued until illness comes. Be grateful for yours.

Look deeper than yourself, give back to others, and give to your community.

Never valet your car.

Cheers to a new decade!





No comments:

Post a Comment