We celebrated Easter by doing the usual. Rhett & Preston had fun hunting for eggs the week prior at Halliburton field. Those boys are "two-peas in a pod". Grandma, Grandpa, & Uncle Scott came up to visit us on Easter weekend. I was in charge of Sunday lunch for everyone, and I pulled it off nicely. Salad, lasanga, and spiced cake for dessert.........whew!
The boys with their bunny cake.
Basket baby Beau
My sweet Rhett
Preston & Rhett
Momma & Beau
Beau in Grandpa's hat.
This month was so busy. I attending a Ladies Luncheon for the DRH Health Foundation, and I got to meet Ree Drummond - the Pioneer Woman. Sadly, I didn't even know who she was, until she spoke about blogging, then I started to read her's the next day. http://thepioneerwoman.com/
We also enrolled Rhett in Kindergarten. So far, I don't think I'm going to cry when I take him to his first day of school, but I'm a still a little weepy. It's amazing to think that only 5 short years ago, I was holding him in my arms. My how time flies.
I then traveled onto OKC, and did some CME (Continued Medical Education). To my surprise, I was named the "Youngest Member of the OSMA (Oklahoma State Medical Association)."
The following week, we ate at the Sterling Fish Fry to raise money for the local fire department. I snacked on scrumptious homemade coconut cream pies, and real pickled okra. It saddens me to believe when that type of down home cooking is on it's way out, or becoming a lost art..........almost like sewing.
Of course, we celebrated Earth Day! Even though Mr. Beau doesn't look happy, he is still being an Earth friendly G-baby. "Genius, Good, Global, Green".........
We finished off April by celebrating our 7th Anniversary. My sweet hubs brought me a beautiful bouquet and hand delivered it to my work. The song by Al Green "Don't you know that I'm, (Still in love, in love with you), Sho' 'nuff in love with you" is what I sing to this day.



I'm totally jealous that you meet the pioneer woman! I started reading her blog a few months ago-- she seems like a cool lady. And she's got some great recipes!! Stephanie
ReplyDelete