Debra had her shower, and Miss Peyton made out like a bandit. The cake was darling, got it from Sugar Plumme in Marlow. That evening, we took Rhett to see the Toy Story 3 program, and he got to meet the yodeling "Jessie".
Eric went hunting with our neighbor in Kansas for 4 days. He got plenty of pheasant and quail. It's amazing how giddy he gets, when the terms "fishing, guns, or hunting" come up. He's like a kid at Christmas, and is always excited. I'm happy he got to get away and have his guy time, but I sure did miss him. It's his place of solace, and he returns refreshed just from being outdoors and with nature.
That weekend, I took the boys and myself to our usual get-a-way. I hosted, my 4th and last baby shower of the year, for my dear friend, Jill. It was spa-inspired, and I'll just say there is NO better theme for a 2nd time mom, expecting her second son. We treated her and the guest to manicures, pedicures, cake, drinks, presents, and karaoke. It was more than I, as the host, even expected. We had an easy on the eyes singer, Matt Barron, serenade us. In our usual girl fashion, we finished off the night with some much needed mexican food.
Before we headed back to OK that weekend, we took Rhett & Beau to the Gaylord. We saw the ICE inspired Charlie Brown theme. It was fun, and Rhett loved it. However, it was 9 degrees inside and after about 10 minutes.....I was done. I loathe cold weather, and my poor fingers were so frigid I could barely use my camera.
The next weekend was jam pack. Duncan had their main street holiday stroll. After living here for 15+ months, I finally went shopping around, and saw our local stores. I was impressed with the amenities a few select shops had to offer.
Then I attended another baby shower for Stephanie, who's expecting her 3rd girl. I'm so happy for my friends, and I adore babies. Children are God's blessings shining down, every day in my life. Their always smiling and so sweet. The night ended, with me witnessing a dear friend perform her debut role, in Steel Magnolia's at Duncan Little Theater. I was so proud of her, too.
Sunday, Rhett had his soccer party. He got a trophy, and the kids got to watch a movie with treats, and popcorn.
An unfortunate event (or rare FML) was our refridgerator going out. Sure enough, this occured right as we came home from spending $200 in groceries at Walmart, on the Saturday, 4 days before Thanksgiving. It was a frustrating situation. We were scrambling to take our food to friends and neighbors, as our delicacies began to thaw. On a positive note, we gave in and purchased a deep freeze. I was always hesitant, but according to my MIL......with two boys, they will eat me out of house and home when they are teenagers. Off to Sears my sweet hubby went, and brought one home. My glass of life is viewed as half-full, since this was nothing compared to the power outages and frozen breast milk crisis that occurred last winter.
Thanksgiving we spent with Eric's family in Elgin, and my Dad on the weekend. My father and I went to our customary teams playoff finals at the new Cowboy's stadium. I got spoiled with good food, family and friends. My cup runneth over, and I am more than blessed, more than thankful, and I love them more that anything.
The next weekend was jam pack. Duncan had their main street holiday stroll. After living here for 15+ months, I finally went shopping around, and saw our local stores. I was impressed with the amenities a few select shops had to offer.
Then I attended another baby shower for Stephanie, who's expecting her 3rd girl. I'm so happy for my friends, and I adore babies. Children are God's blessings shining down, every day in my life. Their always smiling and so sweet. The night ended, with me witnessing a dear friend perform her debut role, in Steel Magnolia's at Duncan Little Theater. I was so proud of her, too.
Sunday, Rhett had his soccer party. He got a trophy, and the kids got to watch a movie with treats, and popcorn.
An unfortunate event (or rare FML) was our refridgerator going out. Sure enough, this occured right as we came home from spending $200 in groceries at Walmart, on the Saturday, 4 days before Thanksgiving. It was a frustrating situation. We were scrambling to take our food to friends and neighbors, as our delicacies began to thaw. On a positive note, we gave in and purchased a deep freeze. I was always hesitant, but according to my MIL......with two boys, they will eat me out of house and home when they are teenagers. Off to Sears my sweet hubby went, and brought one home. My glass of life is viewed as half-full, since this was nothing compared to the power outages and frozen breast milk crisis that occurred last winter.
Thanksgiving we spent with Eric's family in Elgin, and my Dad on the weekend. My father and I went to our customary teams playoff finals at the new Cowboy's stadium. I got spoiled with good food, family and friends. My cup runneth over, and I am more than blessed, more than thankful, and I love them more that anything.



No comments:
Post a Comment