Saturday, February 12, 2011

California Christmas

Playing catch up!

December......hmm, we attended the Duncan Christmas parade. I love the sense that "you belong" when you attend a small town parade. It brings back fond memories of my childhood. We attended a few Christmas parties. One for work, and one at Debbie and Ron's--they're sure a fun couple and great host. I also went back home to TX and got to see the new Dallas Cowboy's stadium. Denton Ryan and Guyer were playing in the 4A & 5A state championship games. Even though both Denton teams lost, I was still proud that Denton teams represented so well!


For my birthday, I had a surprise dinner with my Duncan friends. For Christmas, Eric bought us tickets to another Cirque Show "Algeria". I was surrounded by a great group of friends with their hubbies. We ate at Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse, then saw the show that evening. I'm always amazed at what some people can do with their bodies. It was a memorable night, that was full of laughter.

Cirque Crew
Duncanites ;)

Christmas was CrAzY!!! We made it to Denton on Christmas Eve, and hung out with family. The following day, after opening presents at Grandma & Grandpa Seymour's and visiting with Aunts, Uncles, and cousins, we flew out to California to see my Mom and her family. I was somewhat apprehensive to fly on Christmas day, but we risked it, and the flights to and from TX were flawless (thank goodness).

I
always love traveling to Cali. We plunged right in, and didn't rest a day. Our first stop was visiting my sister, Stephanie. We went to their country club to eat lunch and let the boys play on the beach. I ran into Giadia DeLaurentis--small world! Her daughter Jade, was playing with Rhett & Beau on the playground. I'm going to give it to her--she is absolutely, stunning and beautiful! I forgot to ask her what she cooked for Christmas dinner, haha, but she's too skinny to eat pasta daily.

We then took the boys to Lego Land. That place was ideal for Rhett. Perfect for boys, especially 5-10 years old.

I have a familiarity with this Lego Mom.
Eric & his fishing buddy
Harry Potter (yes, he's wet, and just got off a water ride)
Indiana Jones (Dad went on the water ride, too)
Can you believe this Christmas tree is made out of a million little Lego's?!?!

Due to the rain, we went to the Aquarium the next day. Beau loved the fishes, and would throw a fit every time I would leave one exhibit to move on to the next. When it stopped raining, we headed outside to pet some sharks and stingrays.
We love seals and sea lions!
He could have stayed there all day.

See what I mean about our crying fits?
Outside
Petting sharks
Cnidarians and Sponges

The following day, we headed to Seal Beach so Rhett could get more beach time. Even though, the water was cold, he and Grandma Cali got their feet wet and played in the sand.
Seal Beach Pier
Seal kisses

We had a lovely dinner that Mom cooked with Unc' Ster. Rack of lamb was the dish, and it was so yummy. She and my MIL are such a good cooks. I truly aspire to take after their recipes, and hopefully continue to please my family's palate in the future. For dessert, they had fun baking and decorating a gingerbread man.


We finalized our trip with Disneyland!

The biggest Christmas Tree I have ever seen.
Temple of Doom
His favorite ride, Pirates of the Caribbean.
Buzz Lightyear
Already letting him drive!
"Where the princess' sleep"

Cotton Candy and Pirate hat to finish off the night.

We flew home on New Year's Eve in the afternoon, and went straight to bed. No bubbly for us, beside me taking a hot, bubble bath. I was exhausted traveling with the kiddos through the amusement parks, but at the same time, I was so refreshed to see my Mom and all my California family.

No comments:

Post a Comment