Thoughts of My Oklahoma Top 10:
10) Noodling.....never tried it, never will.
9) Casino's--pretty decent concerts, even though I never stepped foot in one.
8) The Native American culture that I became more attune to.
7) Bricktown
6) POPs
5) The slow paced feel of a small town life.
4) No traffic, being home in 3 minutes.
3) Home of Braum's--your the only place I buy milk.
2) Because crimson looks way better on me than orange!
1) See below.....
After leaving Oklahoma, I got a little emotional. I don't know if it was the exhaling breath of relief I felt, from leaving the BS of my former workplace, or knowing how much I was going to miss my close friends, or the uncertainty of my future career at the time, or what? Whichever it was, my heart was still heavy. Thoughts of "was I making the right decision, is this all going to work out, am I following my heart, trusting in the Lord?" were racing through my brain. The drive South allowed me to reflect on all the people who made such an impact on me, during my time in that great state. This is for you.....

Debbie, you posses the gift of a motherly, nurturing soul. Thank you for always treating me to your delicious goodies, reminding me to smell the roses, and live life to the fullest.
Kristin, whenever I see BioFreeze, hear NKOTB, taste a Twizzler, or contemplate getting a margarita snow cone......I think of you.

Crystal, you have an optimistic spirit like no other. Thanks for always making us smile.

Liz, you seriously have a heart of gold. Your Christ like walk has presence, and reminds me to walk with grace daily. Thanks for delivering the bunny cakes, and cheers to your sweet & mature daughter Lauren, for babysitting those rambunctious, rowdy boys of mine.
Heather, you are always rockin' it, and give me hopes of looking good in my 30's!!
Alisha, you come across with rough edges, but have a gentle soul. Keep your head up. ;-)
Brandi, I miss your bubbly, petite, "ain't nobody gonna miss with me" attitude, and giggly laugh.
Alisha, you come across with rough edges, but have a gentle soul. Keep your head up. ;-)
Brandi, I miss your bubbly, petite, "ain't nobody gonna miss with me" attitude, and giggly laugh.
Amber, you really are the best nurse a doc could ever ask for. You offered a daily dose of listening ears, shoulders to cry on, and kept me sane when I was on the verge of loosing my mind. Between us jamming out with Pandora, our inside jokes, and witty rhetorics; I highly doubt I will ever find the same kind of unique relationship with one of my co-workers, like you and I shared.Tammy, you exemplify "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going." You are stronger than steel, and lift me up. Your trials and tribulations only remind me to be 100% thankful for what God has blessed me with.
Rachel, you inspire me to exercise more and eat right.
Kim, you set the footprint, leading the way for me to follow my dreams.
Deborah, my firery, sassy, red headed friend. Whether they love you or hate you, you were always a "straight up," trustworthy, genuine, loyal, and dependable friend. Thanks for always allowing me to vent to you (& your family). I'm sad we don't have a picture together......too busy taking pics of our boys.Amy, you are as cute as a button! Your career reminds me to have patience and give encouragement daily. You are going to be a wonderful Momma!
Roberto--always made me laugh, and true jokester. PS: My hubby's b-day card of his daily bathroom activities at Arvest made it to our fridge favorites, haha.
You're like my soul sister and we just "clicked". Your support was unending, real and honest. You inspire me to be more open, outgoing, and trusting. I relate and appreciate you more than you will ever know.
There are so many more I'd like to reminisce on (Gigi, Stephanie, Jen, Sandra, Brett, my OU nurses, Amber (short stuff), & my residency peeps, Leadership crew, etc.)......I sincerely feel blessed and believe "you're the reason God made Oklahoma." Miss and love you.




No comments:
Post a Comment