Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcome to the rest of your life

May 31st was a remarkable day for me. That evening, I closed on my very own private practice. I was officially "the boss" and 100% responsible. It was all on me. Uh-hmm, no pressure, right? I hit the ground running on June 1st, by seeing 24 new patients! Good thing I started in the middle of the week because I was exhausted during those 3 short days.

It's been an extremely busy time for me and my family, but we are starting to settle into our typical routine with a new house, new jobs, new life in a place we hold so close to our hearts, our home. At this time, there is nothing more I could ever ask for. My bucket list is still long, and yes, I'll continue to check things off in the future. But......for the first time in my life, I feel completely content. I ask myself, how many 28-years old can say that? I feel like God has blessed me beyond my dreams, and my hard work is finally starting to show.
Photobucket
Too much bubble bath?
Photobucket
Rhett loves his jacuzzi bathtub. He turns it on every night for more bubbles.

We've enjoyed catching up with our hometown buddies, hanging with family, celebrating Father's day, playing moon, and it's been something every weekend. We attended a fellow physician's Egyptian wedding; cool and culturally enlightening. We had a cousins reunion. I transferred my membership from Duncan to become a Denton rotarian. Rhett attended a local art camp, and made a mobile.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Making Rootbeer floats with Grandpa.
Photobucket
Backyard splashin' with Grandpa.
Photobucket
Keeping cool with popsicles.
Photobucket
Helping Grandma clean her backyard furniture.
Photobucket
Father's day with Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment