Monday, March 12, 2012

Film Festival February

**Warning** Forgive the blurry pictures, we just bought a new Canon camera for our trip next month, and didn't know how to focus it--oops.

We started off February, by going to the Looney's, played moon, had a delicious dinner, and laughed with our "second family". The boy's finally opened up their Christmas gifts from them.

We celebrated my fabulous MIL's {29th ;-)} b-day......woot, woot, love her.

I'm most proud to announce that Rhett won at his elementary school in the science fair for his grade level!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Later that week, I attended the Go Red--Woman's Heart luncheon.

Thin Line Film Festival started the weekend prior to V-day. It was awesome! Eric and I had an early valentine's since we wanted to beat the busy crowd, during the week. We tried a new Mediterranean restaurant, saw 5 films (3 were short) that evening, and had a Denton Square Donut. It was a beautiful night, besides hearing Whitney had passed. Her past with drugs is upsetting. It's especially sad since no one could reach her in her darkest depths, especially with all that money, fame, fan support, love, etc. She was always vocal (literally) and candidly in tune about her relationship with God. It just disheartening how powerful drugs and alcohol can be, and the hopless effect it has on SO many people, families, relationships......it's just sad.

My love left me for 5 days to go ice fishing with his buddies. But how could I forget, my sweetness made me (for my Valentine's gift). A 12 X 4 foot raised garden bed, with my very own compost barrel, rain harvesting system, organic soil and seeds. I love him X infinity. He gives so much of himself. This has been on my bucket list for a long time, to grow my own organic veggies, fruits, and herbs. I long for my boys to get outside even more, and watch things grow from a seedling to fruition. Finger's crossed folks for patience, growth, and rain!! Pictures to come............

Rhett stayed busy with Upward BB and Boy Scout Banquets, BB party's, and award ceremonies.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Typical entertaining routine for Beau (Angry Birds) during games or award ceremonies
Photobucket
Coolest display of chalk drawing I've ever seen, at church--great message that night!

I attended an enlightening evening called Great Conversations. It was a fund raising dinner for the Honors College at UNT, and I learned a few things.

What else--I did another health fair for a local bank . We had a visit from Uncle Ster, and he taught Rhett how to skate board.
Photobucket

Next month is madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment