Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Doing just fine in 2009!

This new year is off to a wonderful start!

We "spilled the beans" on Christmas day to our parents and told them we were expecting. They were really excited, and of course, I started crying (hormones!). I have had 3 ultrasounds since my first appointment. On 12/15/08, I got to hear the heartbeat. Two days after Christmas, I came down with strep throat and had fevers. I freaked out since I miscarried last year due to the flu and horribly high fevers. I went to the clinic the next day and listened for heartones myself, afterwards both Eric & I were reassured.

My special day was 1/15/09, when I was exactly 13 weeks. I went to see my specialist for an ultrasound and he predicted it would be a boy. We will get our 4D ultrasound scan and be even more sure next month. We even have a name picked out, too. I love Southern names, and we decided on Beau Charles.

Mid-month, Rhett & I went to California to visit my Mom and her family. It was such a relaxing vacation. We went to the aquarium, beach, park, and shopped around. At this point, I think Rhett is too young for Disneyland and Legoland. The weather was a perfect 75 degrees everyday. Can't beat that, when it's now been iced over in Oklahoma for 3 days.

I also had the joy of visiting my CPA, and had to pay $21,000 in taxes just for the beginning of 2008. Apparently, there is more to come every quarter. UGH--that's a new car, Uncle Sam!!! I about fell over, when he said those numbers! As my father says, "You better get use to it, daughter."



1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for y'all! Liz, you will be in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy. Beau is such a handsome name. :)

    ReplyDelete