Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spring Baby Showers, Mother's Day Flowers

Goodness--I’m so behind on my blogging, and a lot has been going on since my last post. Busy doesn't even begin to describe the craziness in the last few weeks/months. To finish off April, I returned from Vegas then took another week of vacation over Easter. It was so nice to be at home in TX, relax with family, and watch Rhett enjoy the holiday. We kept busy by visiting with friends, hunted for eggs, dyed eggs, and even went horseback riding. Eric and I also celebrated 6 years of marriage. How lucky I am to be married to such a loving, helpful, hardworking, and giving husband. I could go on and on, all the day is long.

Art (one of the nicest men on Earth!) & Rhett


Daddy & Rhett on Smokey


BFF!


Sweet Jaden & me


The Seymour Clan



Now, onto the month of May. The girls at work gave me and two other ladies an “All Boy” baby shower since we were all having boys. It was heartfelt and a little overwhelming at the amount of presents we each received. I work with a fun group of women, and I’m going to miss them so much when I finish residency next month.

"Oh Boy!" (sorry for the blurry pic)


Mother’s day weekend was super busy. Russ & Connie stayed with us. On Saturday we went to see my first Broadway show ever--“The Lion King”. It’s currently rated as the award-winning best musical, and I could not agree more. It was AWESOME! The costume, singing, and music--Rhett loved it and stayed awake for the entire show.

Grandpa, Rhett, & Grandma waiting for the show to start


Afterwards, we went to a cool convenience store. I know what you are thinking.....”What’s so cool about a convenience store”? Well, this wasn’t your ordinary gas station. It’s called POPS and is located on Route 66. It has over 500+ different types of pops/sodas. The kind your grandparents used to drink that aren’t readily available in stores. They also make a mean malt/milkshake in all sorts of flavors. I brought home a six pack of variety colas. It was a neat little place to fuel up, grab a few drinks, and get a nice hamburger dinner with a shake on the side. What more could a pregnant lady ask for?

My pop picks


POPS


Sunday, was Mother’s day and we went to Maw’s house. We had lunch and went to a craft show, while Eric & Grandpa took Rhett fishing on the farm. Rhett decided he wanted to pick me a bouquet of wildflowers (Eric swears he did it all by himself). It was so sweet. He said “here Mommy I picked these flowers just for you because there 'bootyful' like you”.....awwww. I just love him!

My sweet boy & bouquet



We also started Rhett in swimming lessons this month. He is so good at it, and can pretty much swim on his own. However, I’m not ready for him to be in the pool by himself or without a floatation device.

Silly swimmer


Growing up (tear)


Lastly, Rhett finished a full year of The Little Gym this month. I'm so happy we placed him in this program. His body has improved a great deal on the physical level, as well as him improving socially (e.g listening). We've come a long way baby!

With his buddy, Joey.


All by himself on the beam


All BOY!


Group shot with their medals.


With his coach.


More to come about Baby Beau, trip to Florida, baby showers, job, relocating, finishing residency, etc.......when I find the time! PS: I think this little boy has dropped!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Liz! I love these pictures. Especially "all boy"...Rhett is such a cutie. And you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, how in the WORLD has Rhett gotten so big? I mean, he looks like a little man, not a baby boy anymore! Why is his tummy so flat? I like the baby pooch. Dang, soon he's gonna be sporting a six pack! I love how you can tell in these pictures that he LOVES his medal... and I love that he picked you a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day. Ah, the joys of motherhood. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete