Saturday, June 27, 2009

Finally Finished!!

Wow! I can't believe I'm saying it. I'm finally finished with residency! I look back and reflect on when I started 7+ years ago. Medical school at age 19, finishing my masters degree somewhere in-between, and 3 years of residency training. Honestly, it's kind of surreal. I feel accomplished, happy, successful, secure, and beyond blessed. I'm so excited and ready to move onto my next phase of life and career.

This past week (let alone month) has been a whirlwind. Monday, I managed to complete all my clinics & charts. Tuesday, I took promotional pictures with a professional photographer. This was so my face can be displayed on the local town billboard~crazy! Being 9+ months preggos, I was definitely wondering how the pictures would turn out. I was worried about the big belly, double chin, and the hormonal break outs of acne. Eric joked with me that he would have to get his own camera and take a picture of it when his wifey makes it big on the billboard-HA!

Wednesday night was ROAST night. This is when the resident's roast the attending's, and the attending's roast us. We had dinner catered in and there was so much laughter in the room. Let's just say, they got me good. First, they termed me as "Palin #2." Then they hit on my TX accent, redneck, gun-owning, fishing & hunting hubby, pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen, etc.......... Overall, it was definitely a hit!

Smiles before the Roasting began.

Friday, was graduation day! We got the day off, then in the evening headed to the Waterford. It wasn't a formal cap & gown ceremony but over 175 people were there. I said my heartfelt "Thanks" to those who truly made a difference in my life.

Mi Familia
My table & center piece
My love & me, couldn't have done it without him!
Or them! (Dad & Ster)


Me & Amber
Myself, Cafaro, & Cobb
All the graduating resident's
My "speech" before the tears....
Ladies of OU


As for now, I'm studying for my boards. I take the exam on July 8th, provided I don't go into labor early. We then plan on having Beau anytime there after. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me in a while. My plate of life has been full for the last few months, and I've tried to keep everyone current and up-to-date with my blogs & photos. Until after Beau's arrvial (or my next moment of freetime)...............Ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! You should be very proud of yourself. I can't believe you started medical school at 19. That is just crazy. WOW what an amazing woman you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Seymour, MD!
    Sweet friend, I always knew you would do it. I am SO proud of you and love you SO much! I can't wait to meet baby Beau! Call me the minute you go into labor... Okay, well, maybe, like the hour you go into labor... Or, like, maybe after you've held him in your arms and feel like talking. I love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete