Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He's HERE!!

Our sweet baby boy, Beau Charles, arrived at 6:13 pm on Thursday. He weighed 8 lbs, 7 ounces and was 21 inches long. My OB/Gyn and I guessed the exact same weight, and I even guessed the length correctly, too! It was a neat coincidence. Thankfully, my hospital stay was uneventful. My family knows how much I HATE hospital food, so my sweet FIL (father-in-law) brought me enchiladas from Abuelo’s. He has no idea how much those "hit the spot" on my empty tummy. I returned from the hospital on Saturday to my amazing family. The usual occurred; they cooked me great food, cleaned, etc. I got to rest lots and heal from my delivery. Grandma got as much lovin' in on her 2nd little grandbaby as she could.

Beau is doing excellent! Breastfeeding is going great, and I am literally dripping milk every where I go. You know what they say........"Breast is Best". I'm planning on doing it for at least a year again, like I did with Rhett. The benefits and bonding are endless.

I'm so thankful to God, that our prayers were answered and everything went as planned. Words can't even begin to describe my emotions and the love I have in my heart for this little guy. He is so precious to me and Eric. I'm reminded of how strong the maternal instinct is. I had it with Rhett and experienced it again, with Beau. God is truly amazing, and I feel unworthy to have such a gift. Needless to say, I'm humbled, and head over heels in love!

As expected, Rhett has adjusted well to being big brother. Out the mouths of babes, he has some pretty cute sayings through this experience. I was breastfeeding Beau, and Rhett asked me what I was doing. I tried to explain it to him in terms of animals (cows....), and his statement was "Ewwww, yuck!" He also asked Eric, "Daddy, how come Mommy is feeding baby Beau cow's milk through her booby?" Oh, how I love my precious boys.


Their 1st time to hold him


Proud Grandpa


My little chub-chubs!


Brotherly love


Family of Four


The proudest big brother in the world!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that everything went well and that Rhett is doing so great adjusting to his new baby. Good job Liz!!! He is perfect in every way. Can't wait to see more pic's of the two boys together.

    ReplyDelete