Other happenings.........we attended the Chamber of Commerce Mardi's Gras Dinner for local businesses here in Duncan. I also decided to volunteer for the Stephen's County Science Fair. Eric called me a "nerd" but I learned some cool things from those bright young minds. To name a few...........how to cool a Coke fastest in the summer time, what are the cleanest lakes around, and which waterproof mascara works best. It's so refreshing to see teenagers use their brains.
This past week I went to the annual OK State Medical meeting. I saw familiar faces of my colleagues, and also met up with senators, legislators, and even governors. With business as usual, we also discussed health care reform.
Valentine's day was great. We had a nice Italian dinner and let the boys open up their love packages.
All my boys :)
Somebody wasn't happy!
All better with big brother :)
My tired lovey....
The past few months as I watch Beau & Rhett grow up before my eyes, I'm constantly reflecting on the magnitude of love I have for my boys. The maternal bond is the most powerful emotion I've ever felt. It's that indescribable, lump in your throat, deep, gut feeling. The kind of love that makes you grit your teeth, and squeeze them too hard during hugs (hope that isn't too weird?). The "Momma Bear" comes out of me, if I get the slightest sense that there is a threat lurking near them. Seriously, I swear I've kissed Beau at least a million times. I speak gibberish to him, and fall in love with his "Dada" sayings. There's a smile on my face each morning as I wake to his cooing. Rhett & I still read our bedtime stories. He's slowly maturing, but still is a funny kiddo. I laugh at the comical scenarios he comes up with when we play with action figures during bath time. I guess I say this because all moms are proud of their children. He's transitioning with tangible acts, and I'm excited for the little man he is becoming. Every new thing he learns, like riding his bike without training wheels, tying his shoes, and our first upcoming T-ball game. Each of these are big deals all there own!
All in all, these boys are vital to my spirit. I love them with all my heart and soul, and would do pretty much anything for them. I'm indebted to God, and beyond thankful for the love that was bestowed upon our family. One thing is sure, I'm definitely going to miss these sweet baby days..........ah, to be head over heels in LOVE!
Get an idea of Rhett's personality. He has my facial expressions (I realize this), and Beau is easily entertained....haha.
Trying too hard
Getting wild...
:)
Hey YOU!
Chinese Chicken smile
Ahhhhhh.......
Something about his booty!
Rhett's NCA (National Cheerleaders Association) look and Beau eating the high chair
Fake Whiner Frown
Sweet Liz, you are an inspiration. I can't wait to experience all that you are describing! You have the most precious heart for your children... They are so blessed to have you! I can't wait to walk in your footsteps! I love you, sweet girl!
ReplyDelete