Summer Fun
In the kitchen sink at Grandma's
My Lovies

Slip-N-Slide
June
Rhett finished his first T-ball season, and the Cowboy's got 2nd place! Since T-ball has ended, we signed him up for Upward flag football (eh hem, "and the soccer Mom role continues").
I headed back southbound to TX. To let the boys have fun this summer, Grandma and I ventured to a local lavender farm in North Texas. The next evening, I had a surprise birthday party to attend, as Jeryl turned 50! I cherish the Golden family, and can always sense the love they share amongst each other.
On the lavender field
Feeding the rabbits
She just loves those grandboys!
50th!!
Mid-month, we had Vacation Bible School. Rhett had a blast at family night! Later during the week, we attended the Gabriel House Dinner, which is a wonderful fundraiser to help children in need. It's fitting for all to look beyond yourself and ones own wants and desires, and give back to your community. We finalized that weekend with a birthday party at Kiddieland, and fun rides with our local buddies.

VBS-Family Night
Sheer excitement
Other tidbits.......I was asked to be a guest speaker for the little ones at a local school. I talked with 2 -10 year olds about going to the doctor, staying healthy, and washing your hands. Those little minds have some of the silliest and cutest questions, ever.
We had a pot luck and retirement party for a family physician that has been in practice for 42 years. He is such an inspiration and godly man. I aspire to be like him, and feel that I have big boots to fill. Thus the reason I haven't had time to blog, since I just inherited his practice. Lastly, I headed north to OKC and saw the 2010 OU's Family Medicine graduation. Congrats to the new graduates!! I finished off the month by having fabulous meals and wonderful conversations with my new Duncan friends, Rachel and Michele.
July
What-a-month. Three of my favorite boys had birthday's this month. Daddy got another gun for his gift. I ask him how many more can one man need? His response, he compares it to women and shoes-go figure.
The 4th we spent back in TX. We went to Waco and visited with friends, and then saw fireworks in Lewisville with the Warren's. Grandma Connie always taking care of the boys as usual, advised me to "go shopping" and enjoy myself. Little did I know, she was up to something! She & Maw took the boys out and got their pictures done for me. Granite, the pictures weren't quite the quality of DeAnna. Yet, it was a sweet gesture and I always love pictures of my boys.




In Waco
Sparklers
After returning home, I went solo to another fundraising dinner called Crepe's for Crape Myrtles. Duncan proudly is termed the Crape Myrtle capital of the world. We got to eat tasty crepe's made by local renowned chefs, and dance to jive and swing music (fun times).
Since Marlow's July 4th fireworks had been rescheduled due to rain, we attended that show the following week. Bravo to the Marlow fire department. It was truly the best firework show I have ever seen. For a town as small as them, I was impressed!
The next week, we headed back to Great Wolf Lodge in TX, for Jaden's 5th birthday. We finished off that evening late, eating at Uncle Julio's-oh how I miss you! Sunday, we then celebrated my sweet baby Beau turning one. I can't believe how quickly time flies, and how much I love my little man.






The last week of the month was spent on our family vacation. More to come on that adventure, with the best 2 out of 3 blogs. :)
The next week, we headed back to Great Wolf Lodge in TX, for Jaden's 5th birthday. We finished off that evening late, eating at Uncle Julio's-oh how I miss you! Sunday, we then celebrated my sweet baby Beau turning one. I can't believe how quickly time flies, and how much I love my little man.
He wasn't too sure about getting his fingers dirty.
Helping him open his presents.
Sweet sugars
Excited!
Birthday cake

Birthday boys
The last week of the month was spent on our family vacation. More to come on that adventure, with the best 2 out of 3 blogs. :)
I can't believe Beau is already one! Wow, this year went by fast. Happy late b-day Buddy
ReplyDelete