Tuesday, September 14, 2010

F's =First Day of School, 5th B-day, Football, Fair = freakin' busy!

After returning from our summer vacation, we had to quickly get back into the swing of things. I kicked it off, participating in Duncan's Leadership Class XV. It started with the opening class mixer, then a retreat. We had team building activities, ropes courses, and got to learn a lot (and then some) about our fellow classmates. I'm so excited about what the year will bring with this group of professionals!

The following week--Rhett started kindergarten. We attended "Back to School" night to meet his teacher. The first official day, I expected it to be just like any other day, and honestly believed that it wouldn't affect me. I'll admit, I was a nervous nellie about him starting real school. Maybe because he is one of the youngest in his class. I started wheeping when I was putting the mayonaise on his sandwich the first day! I really didn't see that coming. Either way, we transitioned into it. That weekend, we attended my dad's highschool reunion and the annual Watermelon Festival.
First day of Kindergarten

2nd week of school--someone cut my boys hair with scissors! He thought it was pretty funny. Thank goodness I don't have girls.




Next weekend--We celebrated Rhett's 5th birthday!! We had a swimming party, and invited his buddies. Scooby-Doo was our theme, and he loved it.



Caleb & Rhett

Preston

We got Nerf guns!!

To finish off our summer, we soaked up the sun. Our buddies Amy & Robert came down to Denton with us to go to the North Texas State Fair. We saw Red Dirt Country singer, Stoney LaRue in concert. It was low-key, not too crowded or hot, and he put on a good show. The following day, we went to Lake Murray, and tubed all day on their boat. It was so much fun, and Rhett was exhausted after we left for home. He slept from 6:00 pm - 8:30 AM, that's a record for him.

Rhett also participated in Upward football this summer. It's a great program that witnesses to children through sports, teaches them sportsman-like conduct, power of prayer, and has great mentors to set examples.

With his fierce face on.

My little cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment