Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas Galore

I flew out again, the 1st of the month to ATL for a medical conference. I met up with one of my best friend's from childhood, who I haven't seen in a decade--Kaesha. We went to Season's 52, had lamb chops, drinks, and caught up on old times.
<span class=
My 29th birthday was up next. Eric got me 80+ flavors for my Kuerig. I never ever drank coffee before, but with the convenience of this machine, I drink it at least weekly. Pumpkin spice is highly recommended. We had a Christmas medical party that evening, and it was a murder mystery theme. I have never been apart of one, but it was "interesting", and 100+ doctors sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was slightly embarrassing/akward moment when I couldn't blow out the trick candles. To top my birthday off, my best friend had her 1st baby early the next morning.

<span class=
<span class=


Photobucket
The boy's helped Grandma make my b-day cake.
Photobucket
We celebrated Grandpa's birthday!

With school almost out, the city had a Kid's Rock night (bounce house, Wii, DJ, basketball, laser tag,etc). We dropped Rhett off for his evening of fun, while we finished our Christmas shopping with Beau. 75% of our shopping was completed at Calbela's/BassPro.....seriously, that's sad. Rhett finished his school year, with a Polar Express Breakfast at school, and he got to wear his PJ's to school.

<span class=

The following morning we had Breakfast with Santa at the country club, and poor Beau was not having it. Rhett listed his top 3 toy wishes, and I listened closely. The boys were stuffed on waffles and sweet stuff. We had a nice afternoon nap in-between, then went to a local Christmas program that evening and saw The Christmas Story. We finished off having dinner with the Looney clan at our favorite Italian restaurant. My boys were on their best behavior, so they got dessert for dinner.
<span class=
<span class=<span class=<span class=
Poor Beau :-/

Rhett began practicing for Upward Basketball. We then had even more Christmas parties. The hospital, Rotary, and our own.

I went down to Mexia to meet sweet Hailey Jo. She is presh!
<span class=<span class=
Christmas was such a blessing, enough said.
Photobucket
Made Fudge with Grandpa
Photobucket
Made Christmas Cookies
Photobucket
Photobucket
We played moon with good friends, and family.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After Christmas, we went to see the Manhiemer Steam Orchestra with the entire family. It was a relaxing, beautiful show.
NYE, we celebrated a very special lady's 75th b-day. We had a surprise party for Eric's Grandma (Maw) at Guisippee's in Denton. She was showered with a chocolate diamond, carbolicious foods, cake, 75 complimenting reasons of "why we love her", and was surrounded by family and friend's that adore her.
Photobucket
Waiting to surprise her!
Photobucket
75 years!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Later that night, we went out to the country, for some stew/corn bread, moon, family fun, and laughter. We actually left around 9:30, to beat the drunken fools that drive on NYE night home.

Overall 2011, was 50/50 for me with extremely tough and trying decisions. I took some leap's of faith, and finally returned home. I've reflected on what I want, and what I want to do with this life but realize God is completely in control. I've learned more about friendships that blossom and those that fade, and fantasize about the dreams my family and I are living daily. All those people in the family picture above make me giddy to be back in TEXAS, and beyond thrilled to be HOME!!! It ended well, that's for sure, but 2012 is going to be my year--I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment