Friday, April 22, 2011

Announcement--Nurse needed, employer excitement ;)

Ahhhhh, I have been giddy, excited, tearful, anxious, etc... for the past few months. I guess it is time for me to make the big announcement.

What: We are moving

Where: Back to the heartland, the best state in the world--TEXAS!!!!

Who: Hubs, the boys, Briggs, and me

When: Next month, after Rhett is finished with kindergarten.

Why: It's home, and grandparents are invaluable.

An opportunity literally fell out of the sky. It's amazing how God works. Word of mouth and friends, actually--I was given a business card by some family friends, and told to "call this doctor". To make a long story short, I am going to be owning my very own medical practice in Denton, TX. It's a risk, but I am beyond ready to take it. After the last few years, of working so hard for my degrees and such, I feel that I must have some control over my own life, my own schedule, etc. It is hard to be a working woman, especially a working mom. I felt guided to be my own boss and do my own thing. I cannot express how happy I am to go home, and have my children be near their grandparents. Anyways, a lot has been going on these last few months, and even more will be occurring in the next few months with the transition.

I am going to put my "feelers" out there and see what kind of response I get. I am looking at hiring a nurse, a GOOD nurse! If you know any that are in the North TX area, wanting to work in Denton, then hit me up (call, facebook, text, message, post, or email). Official start date would be around June 1st.

More updates to come in the next few months!

3 comments:

  1. congrats!!!! The best of luck to you :) What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Liz! After Alex and I moved away from Denton (only to Frisco, but still), I realized how much I truly love Denton. Our families are there, our business is there, and I just feel happy when I'm home. Congratulations on your new practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, we are thrilled! Know any good nurses needing a job in North TX? I'm thinking of contacting TWU since it promotes itself as a premiere "nursing" university. Go Pioneers! :-P

    ReplyDelete