Sunday, May 1, 2011

Aspiring April!

We've been hanging out. Rhett has soccer every weekend.
Me & Beau cheering him on!

We also went on lots of bike rides when the weather permitted. The boys love this bike trailer. I can set them up with drinks and snacks; we go out on back roads, and let the wind blow through our hairs. It's so refreshing, and also a good (tugging) workout for me.

He's getting so big.

One weekend we went to Mount Scott, outside of Lawton, but I lost all my pictures. :-/ It was a smoky day from all the wildfires, but the views were still beautiful. We went biking on a back trail with the boys, and then had a picnic. As a family, we loved it.

We went to a Strong Man show at a local church. He was a guinness world record holder, who broke 15+ bricks at once, bent steel bars, etc. He's pretty awesome, and his testimony was even better.

The hospital has an annual ladies luncheon that a few ladies and I attended. I was so moved by the speaker, Amy Petty. She worked in Oklahoma City, and was in the Murrah building when the bomb went off. After a long wait of being trapped under debris, she survived. The personal growth from her story was so motivating. You never know when your life is going to end, or the 2nd chances you'll get. God bless her!

We then celebrated Easter with the family. Luckily, the g'rents came to us again, this year. Saturday we did an egg hunt, then Sunday we were rained out. I wasn't disappointment, though, since we need the rain so badly. The Oklahoma fires have been devastating for many in the surrounding area.
My handsome boys!
Easter Sunday
Having fun with grandpa
Bunny Cake for the boys

Eric and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. We kept it simple with just dinner and small talk. This last year has been trying on our marriage especially with our future careers up in the air. We are getting through it and we will persevere. He is my rock and I couldn't have done it without him.

This past weekend, we went to the Annual "Touch a Truck" fund rasier for our WorldChangers Youth Group. Rhett loved getting inside all of the trucks, pressing all the buttons, and "being cool".
Firetruck
905 Train
Another train
Loving the roof top views

GI Joe
And Spiderman!
He loved the inside of this, with camera's, TV's, etc...
Construction boy
Farmer boy
Repo boy
Concrete boy
This one's for Paw--40 years with this company.

Big changes are coming up next month, and I AM SO THRILLED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment