Saturday, June 9, 2012

Go Away May

May started off, with a trip to Kansas City, MO for a family medicine conference.  That weekend when I returned, we went to Canton, TX.  I hadn't been there in almost 20 years, and boy has it changed, and grown, and has sooooo much stuff.  Last month we went to the Ft. Worth Art show, as I was checking out art to put in the office.  I seem to be indecisive on this topic because I love so much of it.  Contemplating themed vs. no theme; abstract, but not too abstract, no nudity, not $4,000 a piece, etc.....

We attended Kathryn's graduation from nursing school, then celebrated with them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Chillaxin'
Photobucket
Beau playing some golf ball game--not sure what's it's called....
Photobucket
Silly Sugs
Photobucket
B cooking dinner

What else--Mother's day we relaxed, ate Italian food, and I received the sweetest gifts from my lovies.  I went to the TEXMED conference in Dallas.  Dad came to visit for a week.  We attended Lalia's 2nd birthday party.  The boys, Eric, and I, helped set up flags for Rotary on Memorial Day weekend.  That weekend we cooked out with our family and friends, then went swimming.
Photobucket
We went to Scarbourgh Fair.
Photobucket
Gypsy lady
Photobucket
Fire Juggler
Photobucket
Elephant ride!
Photobucket
Rhett Jousting
Photobucket
Pretzel balance
Photobucket
Belly dancers
Photobucket
Under the castle entrance.
Photobucket
Hawks
Photobucket
A young bald eagle.
Photobucket
More dancing....and music.
Photobucket
Love the bagpipes.
Photobucket
Rhett throwing tomatoes....haha.
Photobucket
Sword fight with Dad
Photobucket
This one's for Eric.....since I'm his "boss wench"

Rhett had his end of school pizza party, and advanced to 2nd grade--check.

The last week of May, was a rough one for me spiritually and personally.  I honestly believe "when it rains, it pours".  A high school buddy, Chad, a soccer coach in Coppell, his sweet daughter was diagnosed with a neuroblastoma tumor.  https://www.facebook.com/KareForKamryn  Then I found out another guy from high school, Ryan, was in the ICU in a coma, after a motor vehicle accident where he lost his wife AND son--tragic. https://www.facebook.com/LindsayandJackRehders
And lastly, my best friend, Jill, called me with a crack in her voice, telling me her boyfriend had been shot and killed, and "how was she going to tell them their dad was dead?"  My heart was broken for them all, especially to see those sweet babies without a father, a husband/father without his wife and son, and family watching their child struggle through illness.   This is why I wish May would go away.

I leave you blogging world, wanting to express my profound and unending love for my husband, my boys, my life, my family, my friends, my coworkers, my freedom, my health, and my faith.  All the other stuff can just go away because it really doesn't matter to me with out them.  Its humbling that I lead such a blessed life, and promise to pay it forward with small and big gestures, through physical work, financial donations, whatever.............to make this world a better place.  I promise to continue to be a prayer warrior for them, and other's struggling throughout.  Peace, prayers, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment