Friday, June 29, 2012

Sucky Seymour Family Vacation 2012

We left the day after Rhett got out of school, and headed west!

Saturday was our long drive, across west Texas, New Mexico, and into Arizona.

Let me preface that this trip was full of memories, mostly not so good.  To make a long story short--illness/injury overcame us.   If it wasn't breathing or GI issues, it was Rhett hugging a cactus (see below), or his nose bleeds (4-in one day) due to the dry air, or myself getting Strep throat the last 3 days.  Shall we continue?

Saturday--We saw the Painted Desert and Petrified Forrest.  The boys thought it was cool to see a tree shaped rock, but didn't quite understand how it came about after so many millions of years.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday-- lead us to see the one & only Dr. Cafaro at FastMed Urgent Care in Phoenix.  He was a life saver, at least for Uncle Scott.  We passed through Sedona, and saw the red shaped rocks.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Helping Beau get his Ranger badge. ;-)
Photobucket
That's a church!

Monday--definitely my favorite day, the Grand Canyon.  I had no idea it was so vast--it was HUGE, and I mean HUGE--on and on as far as I could see.  I'm glad I saved that moment to be there with my love.  I had my moment with God, just awe inspired at how he could create something so big and beautiful.  We've already decided the next time we go, it will be rafting with the boys!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
"King of the World"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
"No shy" squirrel there.......
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday--in Tucson, we saw the beautiful San Xavier del Bac Mission.  The landscape that surrounded the mission, was mostly cactus.  I saw a purple cactus, and wanted to get a picture with the boys.  Poor Rhett got a little too close, turned his head, and BAM!--thorns in the back of his head.  Not realizing that the thorns were actually on his head, since each one is literally like a millimeter long and the color mixed well with his hair.  "Doctor Mom"--rubbed his head, and got the little thorns in my hand, arm, legs, etc---arghhhhhh.  Then off to Target we went to get some tweezers.  A comical lesson learned--don't hug cactuses.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was the cutest prairie dog--I think.
Photobucket

We continued on to the Pima Air & Space Museum.  I don't think I have ever seen that many planes in one location, and it was HOT.

Photobucket
Russ actually made these!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We headed on to Tombstone, AZ, and saw a gun show, and learned about Wyatt Earp.  The hubs loved it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That evening, I developed a mild sore throat.

Wednesday--it was full fledged sickness for me.  I let the family continue to tour Tombstone, while I sat in the 'burban shaking with chills, trying to get as hot as I could to break my fever--ugh.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We continued on to White Sand's National Park--cool.  I took some Advil and felt better, you wouldn't know by the pictures, but climbing up that sand dune was really hard with sickness on top of it.  I think my heart was beating 200+ beats per minute.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Boys had a blast rolling down the hill!
Photobucket

Thursday--we were at an awesome roadside stop with pets, candy, and clean bathrooms!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We then drove on and saw Carlsbad Cavern, another amazing site.  I hadn't been there in over 20+ years.  I cherish fond memories of my father taking me and my brother there when we were young.  Still feeling like crud, I took the elevator down and didn't do the walk.

That evening we saw the bats fly out of the cavern.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday--still feeling crappy--finally got some antibiotics--made the long tract home.  I don't think I've ever been happier to be at home in my bed.  Eric "nursed" me back to good health.  The end.......

No comments:

Post a Comment