Monday, July 16, 2012

June Bugs, Bears, Bald Eagles, and "Boo-Boo" Days

Back to our summer routine after the vaca.

Rhett had summer activities daily, just like last year--Movie Mondays, Wacky Wednesday's, Swimming Thursdays, etc....it's something new everyday.

Rhett finished his baseball season as a star!  VBS started, too.  He performed at church, and we were so proud.
Photobucket
I interviewed for the Leadership Denton class.....fingers crossed.

We hung out with the Bartos family at the country club, swam, then went to dinner.  Can't wait to meet her sweet little one this fall.

Father's day--Eric did "Donuts with Dad", and ate breakfast with the boys at daycare.  We then honored him and his Dad, with a delicious Sunday lunch.  I'm so thankful for my own Dad.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The following week, Eric left for a 2-week Canadian fishing vacation.  I was not thrilled at the thought of "Single Mom-ing" it,  in addition to running a busy medical practice.  It wasn't even 24-hour since he'd left, and I was already heading to the ER with Beau.  My poor sugs fell down and gashed his chin open about 1''.  It broke my heart to see him scared and in pain.
Photobucket

The weekend came, and I was beat.  We headed over to the Looney's, swam, and relaxed--love that family.

Then--help was on the way!  My mom arrived from CA.  I surprised her with tickets to the Cirque Du Soleil "Immortality Tour".  It was a tribute to Michael Jackson, and I LOVED it.  Not a dry eye in the entire stadium.  I miss his music, his dancing, his talent--such a loss.
Photobucket
Since it was mid-week, I took the girls at work for mani-pedis to de-stress.  Much needed nail time.

Mom and I hung out, she cooked, did our laundry, ran errands, and picked up where needed to make my life smoother.  I got off early on Friday and took the boys again to the country club to swim.  I reminisced when my Dad would pick me up early from the Methodist Preschool in Mexia, and took us to Olde Oaks Country Club for swimming.  As a child, I was so excited and cherish those memories.

The last day of the month, we took the boys to the Red River Peach Orchard.  They loved it.  We started early so we wouldn't die of heat exhaustion.  We got a bucket full of fresh and ripe peaches, and also sampled their homemade peach ice-cream.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


My mom and I stopped by the clinic afterwards to see the renovations, and the boys always raid my clinic for candy.  It was obviously too hot for chocolate that day.
Photobucket


Eh?  The following morning, the hubs finally returned from the far north!  He saw black bears, bald eagles, caught a ton of fresh fish for our deep freezer at home, and had a great time hanging out with the guys.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. LIZ! Wow, girl, ya'll have been BUSY. So glad that Eric got to have a super fun experience and that your mom was able to come help you "single-mom" it! We'll have to try the Red River Peach orchard... Looks awesome.
    Love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete