My dad visited from South TX. He left on a 6-week European vacation--jealous!
Labor day we started by going out to the country. I shot every kind of gun under the sun, thanks to my hubby and his lending buddies. I got a feel for what I like. ;-) That afternoon, we spent the day similar to last year, with the Looney clan, cooking out, and swimming.

We spent our last days of summer eating ice cream at the best ever--Beth Marie's.


We spent our last days of summer eating ice cream at the best ever--Beth Marie's.

We went to Southern Junction with our cousins for dancing and dinner.


The bathroom had comical condoms on display. I just had to take a picture.........


The bathroom had comical condoms on display. I just had to take a picture.........
Rhett had his first soccer game.
Eric and I started a Dave Ramsey seminar just because called Financial Peace. We are lucky enough not to be in debt, but wanted to learn how to use our money for the greater good, in a more Godly manner, and get better at tithing.
Mid month, some girlfriends & I went to Grapevine's Grape Fest. Can I just say that I needed a drink after that week. Long story, with work that was emotionally draining and I am not going to divulge in it again. Bottom line, the issue got fixed, and thanks to a Congressman's influence; are lives are back on track. At the time, it sucked and the whole situation had our life/dreams/plans on hold.
Mid month, some girlfriends & I went to Grapevine's Grape Fest. Can I just say that I needed a drink after that week. Long story, with work that was emotionally draining and I am not going to divulge in it again. Bottom line, the issue got fixed, and thanks to a Congressman's influence; are lives are back on track. At the time, it sucked and the whole situation had our life/dreams/plans on hold.
We had parent's night a Rhett's school.
I met Kristie at Six Flags for some fun and to let off some steam. Little did we know until our arrival, that it was Gay Pride day, but fun either way, and of course--very colorful.
I finally put on my schedule with a committed date, and got my CHL. I was best shooter in the class with my Sig Sauer 45, and the hubs was very proud.
We also finally joined a church. We had been going for the last year and almost joined, then they had a big move/merger. Then summer/travel/sports/and life got in the way. So now it's official. We are so happy and blessed to continue to follow with the pastor that married us almost 10 years ago.
Leadership this month was awesome. We toured the Peterbilt plant, and went to the UNT "Town & Gown". The new football stadium is state-of-the-art and environmentally savvy.
Last weekend of the month, we went to the Denton Beast Fest. It was raining, but the boys had fun splishing-n-splashing. I hadn't smiled that much in weeks. Much needed, and now much better. On to October.......
Leadership this month was awesome. We toured the Peterbilt plant, and went to the UNT "Town & Gown". The new football stadium is state-of-the-art and environmentally savvy.
Last weekend of the month, we went to the Denton Beast Fest. It was raining, but the boys had fun splishing-n-splashing. I hadn't smiled that much in weeks. Much needed, and now much better. On to October.......


No comments:
Post a Comment